Connect Sync for DJI to
How to pair Sync for DJI and your Android device:
1. Double check no DJI-based apps (also DJI GO 4 and other third party DJI drone apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
2. If you have another app (such as DJI GO 4) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI GO 4 (or other app name) - Clear Defaults).
Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI GO to Sync for DJI and vice versa)
3. Start your aircraft and remote controller
4. Plug the remote controller into the mobile device. For Mavic drones, you can use either the bottom or side USB ports, however make sure to use only one port at once (if 2 cables are plugged in the remote controller, Sync for DJI won't be able to connect)
5. You will see a popup asking which app to start, select Sync for DJI and tap on 'Just Once' in the popup to initiate connection.
Possible extra steps:
6. Restart RC and repeat steps if initiation connection was unsuccessful.
7. Try to change cable to original and repeat steps if initiation connection was unsuccessful.
Connect using Wi-Fi:
1. Switch your aircraft to Wi-Fi mode then turn ON your Phantom 3, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Spark, Inspire or Osmo.
2. Open Wi-Fi settings on your iOS or Android smartphone. Find your device and tap to connect.
3. If connection is successful open the app and wait for connection. Your device model will appear on the top of the screen.