What is Sync for DJI?
Sync for DJI - the app that helps you download media from your DJI device with a few short steps: Connect → Choose → Save to Photos or Share. Also, you can share the media instantly from a connected device. Since Sync for DJI v4.0 you can trim your video before downloading from a drone. This feature saves you much time to download and edit a video on your mobile phone.
Who is it for?
How is it different from DJI Go & DJI Go 4?
What devices Sync for DJI supports?
Now we're collaborating with DJI engineers to release Osmo Pocket support.
Why Sync for DJI is better tool for downloading and edit video than DJI GO?
1. Supports downloading of video even it was recorded in 4K resolution or recorded using H.265 codec. Such feature allows you to share the best quality footage with your friends in any social network immediately after flying.
2. Lets you trim files before download. That feature saves you much time. For now, you don't need to download the whole file if you want just one part of it.
3. Allows you to download media in the background. So you can use other apps while your files are downloading.
4. Designed with the full wish of instrument that works excellent with any social networks and blogging
What is Trial period?
What requirements for DJI device?
Your device should be turned ON, so Remote Controller receives data from device storage. App will resume downloading even if you switch battery in the middle of the downloading process or if you connect SD card later.
We are communicating with DJI company to develop a kind of Sleep mode which is energy efficient and doesn't involve gimbal operating.
How can I connect my aircraft or Osmo using iOS?
How to restore connection?
To restore connection: disconnect and connect again your DJI device via RC or Wi-Fi. In case if your drone connected via RC - you can unplug and plug in the RC cable. Restart your DJI device and repeat the steps above if you have trouble connecting it.
Shall I use original Lightining cable?
How can I connect my aircraft or Osmo using Android?
2. If you have another app (such as DJI GO 4) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI GO 4 (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI GO to Sync for DJI and vice versa)
3. Start your aircraft and remote controller
4. Plug the remote controller into the mobile device. For Mavic drones, you can use either the bottom or side USB ports, however make sure to use only one port at once (if 2 cables are plugged in the remote controller, Sync for DJI won't be able to connect)
5. You will see a popup asking which app to start, select Sync for DJI and tap on 'Just Once' in the popup to initiate connection.
View and manage
How to work with quick tool - Download picked items?
Quick tool ‘Download picked items’ will automatically start downloading picked items when your aircraft or Osmo is connected.
How to set like or tag?
To set like or tag you need to tap and hold your finger on one of these items and then move to desired value.
How to remove like or tag?
Open the Tag or Like menu and choose dashed item to remove like or tag.
How to quickly remove or download specific files?
Use Filter feature. Open Filter, choose Suitable options and then tap on Apply button.
How to delete all rejected items by one step?
Open Side menu and choose ‘Delete all rejected items’. This option will delete all rejected files on connected device.
Download, share and export
How to download files on my smartphone?
How to export files in Photos or Gallery?
How to share photos/videos via Sync for DJI?
What is the highest resolution for photo and video I can get downloading from my DJI device?
Sync for DJI supports all types of video and photo resolution. You can download original files even if you recorded it in 4K resolution.
Why I need to allow Sync for DJI for iOS use my geoposition?
iOS requires using the geoposition to support background downloading. Otherwise iOS will close Sync for DJI application and stop downloading processes within 3 minutes after minimizing the app. We strongly recommend you to Allow Sync for DJI using your geopositon while downloading your media from the device. Sync for DJI will not save or use your geolocation in any other way.
How to save H.265 codec for video from Mavic 2 PRO?
To save H.265 codec in a video you need to export original footage from the app. If you export with a watermark or resizing - you lose H.265 (your video will be exported as H.264).
What are minimum frames for making short hyperlapse?
How do I need to take timed shots to take good raw material for hyperlapse?
Use any mode you want (like Point of Interests, Course lock, of freestyle). An interval between files creating should be maximum 5 sec.
Can I take RAW shots and then create hyperlapse with ones?
For now - no. It will be available in next Sync for DJI updates.
What settings I can use to make hyperlapse better?
When you are on drone and find timed shots elements with icon: